Harrow Local Offer Logo

Harrow Local Offer Logo

Who is Capel Manor College for?

Capel Manor College is a mainstream college specialising in qualifications for land-based vocational areas: Horticulture, Animal Care & Saddlery, Floristry, Countryside & Arboriculture, and Garden Design.

We take part-time and full-time students who are 16-18 years old, and 19+ students.

We have an Entry 3 (below GCSE level) course aimed at students with learning disabilities, called Access to Further Education. This includes units on horticulture, animal care, English, Maths, ICT, as well as tutorial units.

Capel Manor College Student Services department includes:

  • Additional Learning Support
  • Foundation Learning
  • Pastoral Support

The departments liaise with each other to make sure we have identified how to support the students.

What services do we offer?

Our aim is to help students develop more independence in their learning and we do this in a number of ways, depending upon the type of course:

  • In-class learning support assistants.
  • Assignment support sessions (Open Access).
  • English and Maths support sessions.
  • Study Skills.
  • Mentoring/behaviour management.
  • Counselling.
  • Communication support workers (for deaf or hearing impaired students).
  • Financial support (bursary awarded based on need).
  • Equipment (e.g. Dictaphones).

If you require support, we share your information with course tutors to make sure your support is co-ordinated:

  • Any Student Services support staff that you work with (such as a learning support assistants or mentors) will be given a background of your needs and will use strategies to help you based upon these.
  • Course tutors will be sent individual records detailing your needs so that they are aware of these when planning their lessons.
  • Your course tutors and in-class learning support assistants will support you with your coursework and homework.
  • Mentors and counsellors can see you outside of class to support you emotionally and to help you manage your coursework.
  • Equipment (e.g. Dictaphones, laptop, etc.) can be provided if we’ve assessed it as a need.

How do I access the service?

You can apply in person by coming into one of our centres and filling in an application form.
Alternatively, you can download a form from our website and post it to us using the Freepost address.

If you have any learning needs, we will make sure we put the right support in place from the start.

When you fill in a form, there are certain sections where you can tell us what kind of needs you have and what support you have had in the past. We collate this information with information sent to us by your local authority, external support agencies or careers service.

When you come in for an interview you will also have an Additional Learning Support (ALS) interview, where we will talk with you and your parents/carer if they attend too.

We will talk about what your needs are, what kind of support you have had and what we can do to support your needs at Capel Manor College.
After this, we contact a number of people, which could include your school SENCO and any external agencies that currently work with you. We then pass this information on to the course tutors and before the start of the year, we work with them and you to make sure the right support is in place. We can also work with your family/carer to make sure there is enough time for transition.

For further information, please visit our website.

Capel Manor College has three centres

Gunnersbury Park Centre
Popes Lane
W3 8LE
Tel: 020 8993 6266
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Enfield Centre
Bullsmoor Lane
Tel: 0303 003 1234

Crystal Palace Park Centre
Ledrington Road
SE19 2BS
Tel: 020 8778 5572

Additional services